Ubuntu 17.04 is the successor to Ubuntu 16.10 and it is Code-named as "Zesty Zapus". It has various Additions, Fixes and Upgrades over Ubuntu 16.10. All the details about what’s New in Ubuntu 17.04 (Zesty Zapus) are described in the following text.
What’s New in Ubuntu 17.04 version (Zesty Zapus) :
1. Updated Kernel : Ubuntu 17.04 Alpha 2 has updated kernel where version is 4.9.5. The Opt-in Flavors are Ubuntu Kylin 17.04 Alpha 2 (Bugs Fixed), Ubuntu GNOME 17.04 Alpha 2 (Uses Flatpak 0.8 Applications), Chrome-gnome-shell System Helper and Sandboxing Framework, Ubuntu Budgie 17.04 Alpha 2 (First Time Released as a Flavor). There are expectations that the final Zesty Zapus will be powered by the Linux Kernel (version 4.10).
2. Convergence and Unity 8: The Latest Version may have Unity 8 (Ubuntu-touch Experience) with Ubuntu’s Mir Display Server which will bring reliable convergence to Ubuntu.
3. The End of Support for 32-Bit PowerPCs: The Ubuntu 17.04 (Zesty Zapus) will not have powerpc port, which is sad news for the users who use 32-bit Architecture.
4. Driverless Printing: This Version may allow the users to print with Network Printer and USB Printer without using any kind of vendor-specific software.
5. Welcome the Snaps: Ubuntu 17.04 release may also include a lot of Snap packages.
Upgrade to Ubuntu 17.04 (Zesty Zapus) :
Enter the below command:
Upgrade to a new release or to a Development version of Ubuntu by Entering :-Code:$ sudo do-release-upgrade
Code:$ sudo do-release-upgrade -d