Softaculous is the auto app installer which is having around 432 scripts with 1115 PHP classes. Softaculous script allows installing various web applications with just one click. You can easily manage the web application like wordpress, joomla, and many more web applications and also can take backup of desired web application. Softaulous is integrated with many control panels like Plesk, cpanel, InterWorx, DirectAdmin, H-Sphere to manage your application.
Before installing Softaculous it is must to enable IonCubeLoader php extension on your server. Let’s see how to install Softaculous app installer on WHM server:
There are two methods available to install Softaculous 1) Command line and 2) WHM server. We are going to explain both the methods to install Softaculous.
1. In this method we have to use commands to install Softaculous on server and you have access of SSH.
- Login to root server.
- Now enter the below command to download installation script:Code:wget -N http://files.softaculous.com/install.sh
- Change the file permission with chmod command and run the below command:2. In this method you can install the Softaculous app installer from WHM server.Code:chmod 755 install.sh sh install.sh
- First you have to download the script through into the below location:Code:cd /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi wget -N http://www.softaculous.com/ins/addon_softaculous.php
- Now change the file permission into executable mode:Code:chmod 755 addon_softaculous.php
Login to WHM >> Plugins >> Click on Softaculous - instant installs under
- Check for the installed Softaculous app installer under plugins tab.