By default there are restrictions on WHM server for the number of FTP concurrent connections. You can only make 8 connections from a single IP address. But if you want to make more than 8 connections from a single IP address then you have to change the default configuration of server. In this article we are going to explain that how to increase the concurrent connections from a single IP.
Follow the following steps:
1. First take backup of pureFTP configuration file and after that make some modification in it. For the backup enter the below command:
2. Now open the pureFTP configuration file in editor and then you can make some changes, so open the file in vi editor:Code:# cp /etc/pure-ftpd.conf /etc/pure-ftpd.conf~
3. Find “MaxClientsPerIP” in the code. You will find by default 8 connections, increase it by desired value. Here we will increase it to 20 by following code:Code:vi /etc/pure-ftpd.conf
4. Save the file.Code:MaxClientsPerIP 20
5. At last restart ftpd with this command:
6. From the above settings the maximum connections will be change from 8 to 20 from same IP address.Code:/etc/init.d/pure-ftpd restart