You can follow below steps to remove shutdown option from Windows server:
- Login to Windows VPS server.
- Navigate to “Start” button >> Run.
- Here you have to enter gpedit.msc and press OK.
- A new window will open with “Local Group Policy Editor” window. Now you have to expand “Administrative Templates” option under “User Configuration”.
- From Settings menu click on “Start Menu and Taskbar” option which is available at right side.
- Now you will find “Remove and prevent access to the Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate commands” option, right click on it and choose “Properties” option.
- From new wizard you have to choose “Enabled” option and click on “Apply” button.